RESCHEDULING OF NOIDA METRO SERVICES FROM 19-07-2021 (MONDAY)
Noida, July 17, 2021
Noida Metro Rail Corporation Ltd. (NMRC) has decided to reschedule its Metro train services from Monday (19th July, 2021). As the night curfew timings in Uttar Pradesh have revised from 2200 hours to 0600 hours against earlier 2000 hours to 0700 hours. As weekend curfew is still in vogue in Gautam Buddha Nagar, train services will not be operated on weekends i.e. Saturday and Sunday. Following schedule of train operation will be followed from 19-07-2021:-
NMRC witnesses a steeping rise in the ridership of NGN Corridor. Details of the same are as follows-
- 18.06. 2021-5,299 passengers
- 25.06.2021-5,773 passengers
- 02.07.2021-6708 passengers
- 09.07. 2021- 7675 passengers
- 16.07.2021- 8895 passengers
The highest ridership of 9,489 passengers was on 12th July 2021 (Monday) after resuming metro services on 09.06.2021.
NMRC has been taking proactive measures to spread awareness regarding the virus and ensure that its premises and trains are clean and sanitized. The measures being taken by NMRC in this regard is as follows:
- Special intensive Cleaning and Sanitation Drives are being undertaken at all NMRC premises including the stations, Crew Control lobby, Operations Control Centre (OCC) and inside the trains.
- Trains are being cleaned and sanitized thoroughly in the Depot Station after every trip.
- Regular announcements are being made at every station regarding maintaining adequate social distance and washing the hands in the washrooms available of the metro stations.
- Toilets / washrooms at all the stations are being cleaned and disinfected at regular intervals.
- NMRC is ensuring regular cleanliness of areas of “public touching” like Escalator Handrails, Staircase Railings, AFC Gates, Lift buttons, switches, etc. inside the stations and Hand Support, Train Doors, Seats, etc. inside the trains.
- For the safety of the NMRC staff deployed at stations, masks and gloves have been provided to the staff involved in housekeeping activities and frisking of the passengers.
- Intensive cleaning of trains is being done every night in the Depot after closure of commercial operations.
- Noida Metro’s staff has been sensitized regarding Do’s and Don’ts and guidelines have been circulated among the NMRC staff to prevent the spread of Corona Virus.
- Banners and other displays to generate awareness regarding the Corona Virus have been displayed at NMRC premises. Corona Advisory has been placed by NMRC at 8 locations at each metro station.
- All NMRC staff has been instructed to follow basic protective measures advised by Health Ministry.
NMRC also urges all Metro commuters and citizens to maintain social distancing and avoid using public transport until extremely essential. NMRC requests everybody to follow the guidelines issued by the Health Ministry and cooperate with one another with patience to curtail the spread of this virus.
Noida Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.