t's a moment of immense pride for Noida Metro as it reached the 50k landmark of ridership on
17.10.2022(Monday). NMRC touched the cumulative ridership figure of 2 crore and 12 Lakhs in
just 3 years and 8 Months which makes it a proud moment for everyone associated with Noida
Metro. It is despite the fact that metro operations were suspended during the year 2020-2021 for
almost 227 days due to CoVID restrictions.
In this pursuit, following achievements have been made by way of innovative approach-
1. Maintain High performance standards during 2022-Safety- 100%, Punctuality-99.93% and Reliability-99.95%
2. Close and continuous monitoring of O&M activities- All failures/arising, passenger amenities, public complaints, upkeep of passenger amenities, works/maintenance management, interface issues are addressed effectively.
3. Regular Inspections- Inspections are held regularly at various levels.
4. Robust Maintenance approach to reduce Mean Time between Failures (MTBF)- Close monitoring of preventive and predictive maintenance activities.
5. Reduction in travel time through introduction of fast train service and rationalization of time table- Reduction of travel time from 46 minutes to 43 minutes for normal trains, with average speed of 39 kmph and 40 minutes for Fast trains with average speed of 42 kmph.
6. Provided safe, reliable and quality services to customers with customer friendly approach. 7. Provided last mile connectivity- Pathway connecting Blue & Aqua lines and free e-Rickshaw service to commuters provided at Sector 51.
8. Development of Property Business (PB)/ Property development (PD) at Sector 51 station. 9. In addition to assistance being extended to the passengers, NMRC is taking care of overall
ecology also. During October 2022, there were two instances in which eagles were seen lying injured on the metro viaduct. The NMRC staff rescued these eagles from the metro line safely and handed over to Okhla bird sanctuary for treatment.
Some of the glimpse of witnessing increasing trend is tabulated below:-
Noida Metro Rail Corporation Ltd.